Kindly arrive ten minutes early to your appointment so that you can complete the necessary medical history and consent forms.
Here are some key suggestions to prepare you and your child for his/her first dental visit:
- Tell your child about their upcoming visit to the dentist.
- Explain to your child that the dentist is here to help them have healthy teeth and gums.
- There are several excellent books that you can find at the library or at the bookstore that will help prepare you and your child for their first visit.
- Please remember to be positive, enthusiastic and convey a sense of goodwill about your child’s upcoming visit.
- We welcome parents or caregivers in the dental room during your child’s first dental visit. Your presence can be extremely reassuring to your child.
- Please allow us to conduct the visit. Kindly allow us to explain and answer all questions regarding the dental tools and equipment to your child. We will explain these things in a kid-friendly and non-threatening manner.
A dental exam will be completed at the first visit to assess the child’s teeth and surrounding tissues. Dental radiographs may be taken if indicated.
Some of the topics that may be discussed include: oral hygiene and toothbrushing techniques, proper use of fluoride, dietary habits and teething.